In the name of great God, who is the creator of peace and its gaurdian.

Greeting to the world's peacemakers, as I have great respect for the persons who devote their valuable life to reform and also I esteem victims of violence and crime. From inside my prison cell, I express my utmost gratitude for those who fight for human rights.

Please accept my greetings from the confines of my dreadful cell within the infamous Evin prison located in the north of Tehran, the capital of Iran. While my days are extremely difficult in this prison, helping to promote peace by cooperating with liberals and defenders of human rights remaif my delights. Only my God is informed of the hardships I have suffered or how, during the past 14 years, I have spent my life in the service of peace and liberalism.

I have opposed oppression since I was a child. Battling tyranny has always been my aim. I could never remain silent against oppression imposed by the ruling regimes, just as I could not close my eyes towards discrimination or violations of individual freedoms. Nor could I turn a deaf ear to the complaints of the helpless or the homeless. I have always been eager for justice, so I have chosen to devote my life to combating dictators and violators of justice and the rights of humans.

I worship a God that has not sent prophets to promote or create fury and harshness. The God that I worship does not issue orders that cause fear and horror. I accept a religion that is gracious and does not tolerate despotism or tyranny by religious leaders. I believe justice is the spirit of society; when the human spirit becomes disturbed insecurity and chaos arise and spread throughout the world. I believe freedom to be the very essence and core of society, and when one's freedom is violated, his very core, his very essence will be ruined.

Attention to and respect for human rights is the most essential service of all societies. Humans should have the freedom to release themselves from any and all systematic forms of bondage and oppression. Any ruling body that tries to annihilate or restrict individual freedoms through its legal system -- whatever form that system may be -- in fact commits treason against humanity and must be discharged from its seat.

I believe that peace is even more essential than rain for people of the earth. I believe common injustices are more abhorrent than starvation for the human kind, for in times of natural disaster humans find the spirit of generosity, and come to assist one another to reduce the results of the disaster. Conversely, in violation of nature and the rights of humans, there is no power and no permission for collective protests and the ability of people for demanding their rights become suppressed.

I condemn the historical violations of human rights. I condemn rulers who have and continue to damage their societies and disturb the lives of the people to fulfill their own ambitions of expansionism and power. I denounce governments, past and present, that oppress their own people in furtherance of their evil ambitions and annihilation of generations only to reach their animal and inhumane goals.

I do not believe in any religion that calls for or promotes oppression of any kind, nor do I accept dogma of any kind that prevents freedom of though or the establishment of a just and merciful legal system that respects the rights of all individuals. As human are superior to all created by the divine, any kind of violation to human identity and existence are against God's will. Indeed, people are the real owners of their governments and the rulers are their servants. Any governor who fosters any intention to exploit the people is a farse, and, as such, does not have the right to continue its governance. Colonialists in every position and seat whose intentions are to plunder humanity have in fact declared war against all humans.

Humans of every race, creed, color, ethnicity, nationality are all partners, and they are entitled to share all that is bestowed upon them on this earth by the divine. The existence of hunger in the world is nothing less than a historical mark of disgrace upon the wealthy persons who had the means to aid their fellow humans, and their failure to do so amounts to abhorent acts cruelty and an unfortunate lack of conscience. All people in the world have the right to enjoy the natural sources and products that the divine has provided for them. Expansionism and avarice are signs of the absence of prudence and balance; they are the cause of enmities and aversions, which threaten the poor and the innocent, and force them into bloodshed and violence. Thus, we must abstain from every act and instrument that provides a fertile ground for conflict among humans and nations.

As conflict and enmity are the first steps towards acts of agression and war, we must establish kindness and friendly communication among nations and religions. Only through open dialogue and benevolence can we establish peaceful and effective international relations, increase fraternization among all people throughout the world, and prevent various forms of prejudice and discrimination.

I am a preacher of peace. I have offered the years of my youth to serving a benevolent God in furtherance of peace and justice. As a progressive theologian, I have paid a heavy price for my views. I have long devoted my family and life to reverence for freedom. I am a strong advocate of democracy throughout the world. In my opinion, there are no differences among religions as any religion that takes us closer to to God brings happiness.

I believe weapons contradict human interests and nuclear bombs not only annihilate human populations, but the very essence of humanity. Similarly, the competition for producing, increasing and selling weapon of war destroy environmental cleanness and jeopardize the health and safety of humans everywhere. As such, I condemn nuclear proliferation, as I condemn all things that disturb the peace and prosperity of humankind.

Societies must make great effort to establish and implement systems in which prisons will no longer be necessary. Governments must establish rule of law in a way that would maximize happiness and prosperity of the governed. Taxes, tolls and penalties must be moderated and peoples' ability to pay what the government demands of them must be carefully considered.

I respect all persons who strive for human rights, and from the confines of my dark prison cell in Iran, I warmly embrace all those who work relentlessly to spread the message of peace. I had been invited and recommend to leave my country many years ago, but I refused to leave my people, despite all the risks and dangers to which remaining in my country subjected me and my family. With all my heart and soul, I chose to face all the brutalities that I knew I would face by remaining in my country because of nothing else other than my deep sympathy for my countrymen and their need to defend their legal and rational rights.

Now, I have no security nor justice of any kind. My family faces continuous threats and abuse on a daily basis. Notwithstanding these hardships, however, I continue to tolerate prison, exile, torture and abuse by my government merely based upon my deep and unvawering support for human rights, as well as the greatness and importance of peace and justice.

As God and history are my witnesses, I have abstained from engaging or promoting any act of violence, oppression or injustice throughout my life. I have loved my mankind, have helped the poor and the deprived, and have never abused my high profile or high social positions for any personal gain. Even when armed governmental forces raided my house to arrest me, I personally greeted them and refused to confront them in a manner that could potentially lead to violence or bloodshed.

Now I refer to myself a freedom preacher and a human rights defender, and ask the international community and human rights organizations throughout the world to join and assist me in furtherance of the sacred goal to free my people of oppression and tyranny, and assist me to obtain immunity in my country at least in proportion to my role as a leading voice for peace, rule of law, and freedom.

Thank you

Seyed Hosein Kazemeini Boroujerdi

0 comments:

Older Post Home